Turn and hold the key.
Pull the lever down.
Release the key and take it out.
Lock the wheel and the frame to a bike rack. Do not lock it to a private fence or a bridge. The municipality will remove it!
Use a bicycle rack to park your bike
Park your bike in a bicycle rack, otherwise it will be removed by the local authorities and you will have to pay the fine of €50.
No bicycle parking signs:
10 rules to be safe
- Stay on the right path.
- Keep the cycle-free areas in mind.
- Don’t imitate the locals.
- Avoid being an obstruction for other traffic.
- Give right of way to taxis, trams and buses.
- Keep you mobile phone in your pocket.
- Cross the tram rails at a steep angle.
- Only park your bike where it is allowed.
- Always lock your bike.
- Use your light, bell and luggage rack in the right way.
Want to have more info about safe cycling in Amsterdam? Watch the movie and check our tips: Safe Cycling in Amsterdam
Safe cycling = happy cycling!