- Business hours
- 7 days a week from 09.00- 18.00.
- After 18.00 you can no longer return your bike.
- Option A: 1 credit card (we make a copy in the store) for up to 5 bikes.
- Option B: 1 passport / I.D. (original) for up to 5 bikes + € 50, (cash) per bike.
- The insurance option amounts to € 1,75 for 1 to 3 hours / € 3,50 per day (24 hours) per bike and (children-) tandem and cargo bike can be insured for € 3,50 for 1 to 3 hours or € 7,- per day (24 hours).
- The insurance covers theft and damage to the bike.
- With the insurance there is an excess of € 50,- payment per bike, (children-) tandem and cargo bikes insurance there is an excess of € 150,- payment.
- In the event for damage the own risk is reduced to € 0,-.
- Without insurance if your bike gets stolen you pay the total cost of the bike which is € 450,-. in the event of theft of a (children-) tandem or a cargo bike, you pay the replacement value of € 1.500,-.
- The insurance is only valid if you are able to give both keys of the bike to MacBike. If you cannot give both keys in the event of theft, you will be charged the new value of the bike, which is € 450,- and for (children-) tandem and cargo € 1.500,00.
- In case of theft you must report to the police. Macbike receives from you a copy of the Declaration.
- MacBike recommends the insurance.
- Each bike is equipped with 2 locks.
- Always lock the bike with the both locks to a bike rack.
- Never leave the key in the lock when you leave the bike.
- MacBike staff will demonstrate proper use of the locks.
- 1 day is 24 hours.
- Always take your part of the contract when you return the bike.
- If you have problems with your bike, you can go to one of the six MacBike shops in Amsterdam.
- Macbike shall reimburse no repair costs carried out by other companies.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to return a bike at another MacBike shop.
- You pay the rental price when you return the bike.
4. Locking the bicycle
- Each bike is equipped with two locks. Never leave the bicycle unattended, unless properly locked. MacBike staff will demonstrate proper use of the locks.
- One day is considered to be 24 hours.
- Please remember to bring a copy of your contract with you upon returning the bike.
- If you experience any problems with your bicycle, please visit one of the MacBike shops in Amsterdam. MacBike does not reimburse any repairs performed by other companies.
- Payment for the rental period is only due upon returning the bicycle.
This post is also available in:
Dutch French German Italian Spanish