1. Business hours
- 09.00 – 17.45 hours, seven days a week.
- It is not possible to return bikes after 17.45.
- Returning a bike at other MacBike rental stations than the one the bike was rented from is not possible.
- As a deposit we require: One credit card copy for up to 5 bicycles, or a passport / ID and € 50,- per bike.
- Not valid: visa electron, debit cards, and foreign driver’s licenses.
- Insurance is available. Normal bikes: € 1,50 per 3 hours, € 3,00 per day (24 hours). Specials: € 3.00 per 3 hours, € 6,00 per day (24 hours).
- The insurance covers theft of the bike.
- With insurance you retain an excess of € 50,- for normal bikes and €150,- for the specials.
- Without insurance you will be charged € 450,- for replacing the bicycle in the event of theft. In case a special gets stolen you will be charged €1.500,-.
- The excess in case of theft only applies if you are able to give the keys of the bicycle to Macbike.
- In the unfortunate event of a stolen bicycle, it is your responsibility to report this to the police. MacBike is to receive a copy of the declaration given at the police station.
- MacBike recommends insuring the bike.
4. Locking the bicycle
- Each bike is equipped with two locks. Never leave the bicycle unattended, unless properly locked. MacBike staff will demonstrate proper use of the locks.
- One day is considered to be 24 hours.
- Please remember to bring a copy of your contract with you upon returning the bike.
- If you experience any problems with your bicycle, please visit one of the MacBike shops in Amsterdam. MacBike does not reimburse any repairs performed by other companies.
- Payment for the rental period is only due upon returning the bicycle.